Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
New System Update

13421 Views 33 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-11 10:22:03

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    CoSypha

2016-02-05 16:52:53 (Reply to:busaman)

3 questions, have you updated yours? Is there any benefit in the VCI update I have heard of and does that only happen with the new system optimization update that you know of?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-07 10:05:17 (Reply to:CoSypha)

i do not have the latest system update but i do have the previous one and no not much difference i certainly would not trade it for a version pre sept 2014 after that the shit hit the fan and deleting all the good stuff..if you have one that old keep it...

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2016-02-07 17:42:11 (Reply to:busaman)

is there any way you could list the things that got deleted. the newest update has issues like eobd range values are not correct, and current values are mostly displayed in red. chrysler has an issue with the temp value showing "N" with a hyphen on top for all temps and don't change with metric/english for 1999 year. so i'm pressing the issue with support, and i can bring deleted items to their att??

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-08 07:42:08 (Reply to:billymck)

impossible from memory, there are so many......and Autell wont tell you....

Autell are in complete denial and wont even admit it just take it from me and others that have had this tool for a long time "its downgraded" big time. 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2016-02-09 02:35:00 (Reply to:CoSypha)

Agree with Busaman just keep what you have you're too close to update expiration period to mess with that October update. I'm current with the system and versions along with VCI firmware but when I did it still had 4-5 months left of updates. Not having lots of issues but like all updates from Autel and others it's a risk and as far as missing deleted functions people like Busaman have more experience dealing with support whom I've never been that happy with. If you do that major update there's still another system update after that along with a VCI firmware also. I don't really see any increase in speed or capabilities mostly just F...... you if wanted to go back. This tool in my estimation falls into it is what it is could get worse or possibly better but not encouraged  by what I hear as people are always having issues with updates and support team is a bunch of lackies. They never give you a straight shooter answer when questions and issues posted on forum unless it's simple mostly redirect with BS. If the internal batteries don't become available as promised in March as soon as I see battery falling down I'm selling it as can't be bothered with all their BS and definitely not sending it in to be told need new unit because of faltering battery a maintenance item that should have been available when it hit the market.

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    CoSypha

2016-02-09 15:15:34 (Reply to:tech54)

Yeah I hear everyone and was hoping for better news, your right if I had more months left it would be worth the update so I can ride the update train longer and hope for the best. I also notice clear as day the responses back when something is gone missing in all the future updates. This has become more of a headache then I imagined on first purchase, a good chunk of money at that. I wanted something that I can keep in my toolbox and pick it up when I needed it and only require updates as the years past for newer vehicles. I wanted to depend on the tool to cover at the least 80 percent of what I need it to do. I was suckered by the youtube videos showing this and that, program ecu, do alarms, what a blanket statement!! My excitement was short lived when my OBD2 scan tool from INNOVA was connecting to anything I looked at, and it has live data so I can look at majority of faults by eye. You can never have enough tools they say but would have liked to replace a bunch with one. Autel should hear everyone out, fix there wrongs, give what's promised and back the product with a 5 year update subscription to everyone dealing with this mess. This forum is their knowledge pool of information, so it is best business practice to hear your customer who bought a beta tool and get out of our wallets and just do right by everyone and fix it. I see they made a Elite version now, WHY!!!! the Pro version is still amateur, I'd expect this type of behavior from a DIY site for a movement to make a scanner of scanner's but in closing, They have a name, they have a product, they have distribution. Time and man hours are done in R&D, patch maintenance are done for system bugs, releasing this and making people pay and pay and pay for mistakes, customer cars, or in my case ( and everyone) time! To need to research what's wrong with my tool to use or feel confident in it is just wrong. I hope they get it together and I only hope this because I own it!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-09 19:14:22 (Reply to:CoSypha)

autel did the same with the maxidas ds708 when the maxisys 908 came along they dropped most of the updates on it i have a very early ds708 i still get it out for old stuff it does a lot more pin retrieval and the like than maxisys ever did.. the maxisys still is a great tool for the money you might see me on here giving them a hard time but if you don't keep them honest they just do what they want and we never get what we want it took me 4 months of harassing to get fiat proxy alignment implemented...so if you want something done keep shouting at them.....

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-02-09 22:55:55 (Reply to:CoSypha)

well said CoSypha I have owned a 905 for about 1.5 years now. I stopped updating in aug 15 and did not do the major update. I can still run the earley versions of some manufacturers. I have no system error problems. For me this tool does 80% of what i need it to. I left two months of free update time on the table and did not update. Looking back now i think i made the right decision. Those of us who have been here a while remember the EDE65 days. There was hope of making this a great tool. The tool was better before. Things have not been improved enough for me to resubscribe. If you have an old unit with old software you are good for a while. But then if the battery fails you can not replace it. Either way its probably a 5 year tool

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-11 08:11:47 (Reply to:hondaman219)

even when the battery dies you can still use the power supply to run it...so its not done then ....

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2016-02-12 02:45:55 (Reply to:busaman)

Have you done it with a dead battery in the maxisys because to me I'm not sure since it depends on how they set up the charging circuits. In either case it still becomes a stationary mobile tablet which limits usefulness.Boy I thought we were making advances with technology not trying to retro with state of the art scanners (Hmmmm) wasn't that the sales pitch in the background.
  Total4 Pages